PPC - Paid Search
Through our AdWords expertise, Northern Media can also help you with pay per click or PPC marketing. While it’s true that 40% of web users tend to avoid sponsored links, the other 60% is still potentially billions of people. We can also utilise AdWords to give new websites an artificial push, moving them higher in the rankings than they would otherwise be. It’s ideal for a newer company that needs exposure fast!
Whilst Northern Media has years of experience setting up and managing PPC campaigns, we recognise that paid search should be approached with a ‘test and measure’ mentality. Generating lots of traffic is easy, but the key to success is converting that traffic into leads. Northern Media will therefore work closely with you to research and target the right keywords, run an initial pilot and analyse the return on investment.
“Having worked with Northern Media for many years, they knew exactly what we wanted from our new website. They worked closely with us throughout the process to ensure it was delivered to the highest possible standard.”
“Working with Northern Media has been a pleasure. They are quick to respond, honest and have delivered a great return on investment on our marketing spend.”
PPC – Paid Search FAQs
How does PPC work?
A Pay Per Click campaign involves paying Google to list your ad with a link to your site at the top of the search results ahead of the organic listings. When a user clicks on your ad, the current Cost Per Click (CPC) comes out of your allotted budget.
Can I manage my PPC campaign myself?
While it is possible to manage your own PPC campaign, many small business struggle to do so effectively due to lack of time, resources and knowledge. Northern Media can work closely with you to identify the most effective keywords to target and closely monitor its success.
What is Google Shop and how does it work?
Google Shop is an advertising platform operated by Google, where businesses pay Google to direct customers to their business adverts (or listings), by placing bids. Google decides which searches will trigger your ads, and in deciding whether your listing is chosen or not, Google takes into account the information in product listings (or feeds), the relevant content and quality of the business website, and the bids that businesses place for each listing.
Google Shop is powered by AdWords, and Google Merchant Center. Adwords is where you manage your Google Shop budget, place your bids, and monitor the performance of your Google Shop campaign. Google Merchant Center is where you put your adverts, or 'product feeds', including the information about your products or services. Your 'feed' is the information about your product, set out in a format acceptable for Google Shop.
Whether a customer is directed through Google Shop to your listing, or that of a competitor, is controlled by Google, and governed by the content of your listing, and how much you bid for each listing. Managing a Google Shop campaign to ensure that you achieve maximum responses to your listings for an affordable investment, involves creating feeds that are attractive to Google, and including carefully chosen keywords, based on popularity, likely cost, and relevance.
Equally important, is managing your bidding. Popular keywords in searches will have more competition, and therefore you will have to bid more for customers, but less popular keywords or searches, while costing less will generate less traffic for your feeds. You will need to bid a sufficient amount to obtain reasonable results, but not so much that your product becomes unprofitable. A successful Google Shop campaign will require continual monitoring to achieve a good balance between these factors.
Keep up to date with all the latest industry and company news from Northern Media.
July was a special month for Senior Account Manager Anthony Bowyer as he celebrates 5 years with Northern Media. Lots...2
Northern Media has launched a brand-new website for Opening Doors, a Community Interest Company based in Barnsley (https://www.openingdoorscic.co.uk). Opening Doors...2
Our Talented Team
We love to talk
Whether you have a specific enquiry about a service we provide, or are just looking for some general advice, we’d love to hear from you. Get in touch with a member of the team today.
Northern Media (Yorkshire) Ltd
Unit 2, Calder Island
Wakefield, West Yorkshire